At 4.48 yesterday afternoon we were called to a solar panel fire at a house in Woodend. Fire fighter Mitch Hobbs reported that it looked like a spider had made a web in the solar system isolator, this combined with water splashing onto the isolator from on overflowing down pipe caused it to short circuit.Thankfully, Woodend CFA volunteer Steve Rumble, who runs Altitude Electrics, had sent one of his sparkies Lachy to the address when he saw the page and he arrived on scene the same time as the Woodend Pumper to isolate the mains and solar system for us. Good work by all crews as well as Steve and Lachy!


  • Published: 3 months ago on August 17, 2021
  • Last Modified: October 16, 2021 @ 8:50 am

News flash